WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO...I HATE GREASY!

I was watching HSN the other day and they were demonstrating an all natural body spray. The 'big deal' was it was not made with silicone. I was thinking, maybe that is something that I should try. She sprayed it on, and there it was, The Shine! They assured me that this would absorb quickly. Well it was not quick enough for me.

 
I HATE GREASY! I do not want to be greasy for one second. I also don't want to be shiny. I remember when my grandmother would grease me down with Vaseline. I'd be shiny and sticky and everything I touched would be greasy . It's a mess. And of course, I have brought all of this baggage with me into the present.

 
The past has helped me formulate great lotions and creams that are, non-greasy. I have taken the best of all worlds. You have that really cheap lotion that is watery. It's mostly water so it soaks in really quickly (I like that) but in two seconds you skin is dry and your back where you started. Then, there is the other lotion that is thick and waxy, it sits on top of the skin and you have dry creases. If you apply most lotions after a bath or shower you have to re-apply in about 5 min. The ingredients in these lotions are absolutely ridiculous.

 
On the opposite side there are the natural lotions. I have notice that some lotion makers have taken to adding every extract they could find and throwing it in there. The ingredient list takes up half the bottle but, the lotion still feel tacky. I have also been at shows where people are testing products and they come to me with greasy, sticky arms. They are so oiled down they can't touch anything for the next 5 minutes.

 
Some have forgotten the purpose of lotion. The purpose is to apply moisture to the skin, make sure it is absorbed and lock it in. A lotion must have water. Water is good for the body, period! Water absorbs into the skin quickly. Water also evaporates quickly, because of this you emulsify it with oils. The oils will trap the water in the skin and keep it from drying out. Everything else about lotion is texture.

 
Lotion should feel a certain way. Most people prefer a thick to thin, light and not sticky. It should go on smooth, absorb quickly (not get all over your clothes), and feel moisturizing. You should not need to reapply during the day unless it is washed off. I feel that our products meet all these requirements. Moisturized , silky skin with a satin finish, great ingredients, paraben free. Now that's BK.

Comments

Popular Posts