Packaging Delima



One day I decided that I wanted my packages to look prettier when you opened them.  I substituted the bulky packing peanuts for paper shreds so that I could arrange all of the products to look real pretty when opened.  Worst mistake ever, everything leaked.  Your package doesn't look real pretty if it arrives, a soggy mess.  Turns out packing peanuts provide the insulation desperately needed during those warmer months, especially in the too hot, too humid South.  Who knew?

I have always purchased biodegradable packing peanuts, which are made out of cornstarch and disintegrate upon contact with water. The honest truth is that I have not purchased packing peanut in over 5 years. I receive so many packing peanuts when I purchase supplies that I never run out.  So if you were ever breaking into a cold sweat at night, worrying about the amount of packing peanuts we use and, their effect on the environment, you can rest assured they are always re-used. 

Comments

  1. The Green Directory has the most comprehensive selection of Green, Eco Packaging, Sustainable, Fair Trade and Environmentally Friendly Companies, Products and Services. Use the eco directory to find green, eco, fair trade, recycled and sustainable businesses, services, news, events, articles and guides.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts