Lather 101 Soap Making Class



Lather 101

This is our  soap making class for those who just want to have a great time learning a new skill.There are no supplies needed, we supply everything and all you will take home with you is the soap that you made in class because we know your still storing that big bag of yarn and the box full of beads from you last classes. 

This class is demonstration style. You will leave with handouts and enough information to make incredible soap from oils that you can find in your local market, at home as well as, 1 pound (4 bars) of soap to enjoy.

NOTE: This is an age 18+ class since making soap from scratch involves working with lye (aka sodium hydroxide). You will be provided with all safety equipment. There will be several pairs of goggles and gloves to share, but if you prefer your own they will be available to purchase for $10. 

Contact Mark Harrison with any questions #832.540.9911. Please read the Class Policies & Info page before signing up.

Date:   July 19, 2014
Time:   1 - 4 pm
Cost    $ 65.00
Place:  Black Kettle Studios
             701 Spring Cypress Rd, Spring TX  77373



INSTRUCTOR
I am Arricka Harrison of Black Kettle Soap Company. I am the wife of Mark our wonderful and wordy sales guru and mother of 7 children, 6 girls and that 1 little boy. I have been making and selling handcrafted soap since 2005. I studied soap making for 6 years before I ever made one bar. That was way before stick blenders, when you had to spend hours and hours stirring soap and you had to wait weeks before you could use it, and you could still get Red Devil lye at the hardware store. 

Daughter number 3 had eczema really, really bad and we started looking for ways to help her skin. Oatmeal baths turned into bath bombs and they led me to soap making books. I eventually conquered my fear of lye and the rest is history. I learned everything from books and the internet, pre-Youtube.  I had to read every soap making book out there and search for suppliers. I would have loved to just go to a class. A list of good suppliers is priceless.  You can waste a lot of money buying poor quality ingredients or things you really don't need. 

My company, Black Kettle Soap Company is been carried by many specialty retailers around the country, like Lula Mae in Pasadena, CA, Getables in Port Townsend, WA and Blue Elephant in Austin TX. You can also find our products among bigger names like Houston's Central Market and Kat Von D's Wonderland In Los Angeles CA. We are proud members of the Indie Beauty Network and have selling on Etsy since 2006. Most local know us from craft shows around town and our Pop-ups at West Elm.

People often ask me, "Do I cold process or hot process?" Well, I do it all, whatever it takes to get the job done.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts