Lotion Quest – Part 2

This is part 2 of this post. You scan read Part 1 Here.


I was the type of kid who didn’t like to touch dirty or sticky things. This is probably how my lotion rules came about.
·        It can’t be greasy
·        It has to absorb quickly
·        It can’t feel sticky
·        It can’t be drying
·        I only want to apply it once

I was on the hunt for good lotion. I needed to feel a good lotion so I could know where to start from. Lotions that were too inexpensive, were watery or too waxy. More expensive lotions had a better consistency but sometimes they were drying. Surprisingly quite a few lotions were sticky. Not surprisingly, quite a few of the natural lotions were greasy and sticky. The most important test of all is the “reapply”. I want to shower, lotion once and that’s it. I’m not trying to make a career out of applying body lotion.


Armed with all of my lotion testing knowledge I decided to try a base that someone had mentioned was very good. This was better than anything I had tried in the stores. I just had a few problems with it. One, there was no oil in it. I feel like the oils are very beneficial and really help keep the moisture in your skin, you need that. Two, it was not paraben free and I wanted a paraben free lotion. Three, I would like it to be a little thicker but still lotion, not cream in a bottle.


Now I am ready. I put together what I think is a good recipe and make up a small batch. I learned some things. If you want white lotion you need light colored oils. If you want to scent your lotion you also need low odor oils. It was good but still a little sticky.  A little more research and I learned how to get rid of the stickiness. I was finished.  I had created what I felt was the perfect basic lotion. It spreads easily and absorbs quickly. Even in the humid summer months you will never feel sticky or greasy. No unnecessary ingredients, I consider Aloe Vera, silk protein and Pro vitamin B all to be necessary ingredients.  And it is paraben free.   My quest was over.  What lengths have gone through to find your perfect lotion?



Comments

  1. would i be asking too much if inquired as to where you source your fragrance oils? there are some scents you se that i would love to put in my soap that i haven't seen anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts