Bike Ride Anyone?



I hate driving. My mother, on the other hand, would drive back and forth across the country and love every minute of it. I don't even want to drive to the grocery store. I must express my disdain for driving frequently because some people are surprised that I even know how to drive. Yes, I have a driver's license, I've had it since I was 18. If driving must be done, I would just rather it be done by someone else.

My preferred mode of transportation is a bike. It's one of the reasons that I don't like where I am living presently, you could get killed trying to ride a bike here. Hopping in the car to do local errands is so boring, and walking is way too slow and leaves you too exhausted to finish the day. You can ride quite a ways and still have plenty of energy to spare.

There are so many benefits of getting out there and pedaling away.

Fat Burning and Muscle Toning
Cycling is a great lower-body toner, as well as a major calorie burner. In fact, even moderate cycling—riding 12 to 14 mph—burns more than 500 calories in only 60 minutes, and many people (even novices) can easily bike for an hour or two. This makes cycling a great way to slim down, whether you have a little or a lot to lose.

Cycling Builds Stamina
You can start small and work your way up to more challenging routes as you build up your stamina. Cycling is so enjoyably you won't really notice that they have gone farther than the last time they went cycling.

Cycling Improves Cardio-Vascular Fitness
Cycling makes the heart pound in a steady manner and helps improve cardio-vascular fitness.  Studies have shown that cycling to work will increase cardiovascular fitness by 3-7%. According to the British Medical Association, cycling just 20 miles a week can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by 50%

Cycling Reduces Stress
Any regular exercise can reduce stress and depression and improve well being and self esteem.  Cycling outdoors is also a good way to be one with nature and to enjoy the journey, not just the destination. It takes one’s mind out of everyday-life stress and rejuvenates his soul.

Comments

Popular Posts