Salad Anyone?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Image result for salad



Whenever you want vegetables people always want to serve you a salad.  And everyone knows the way you turn a salad into a meal is by adding those seven chunks of chicken on top or better yet, sometimes you will even get a whole chicken breast. And it's cold, always cold, I'm not on a raw diet, I want hot food. Or what about those steamed, flavorless vegetables, you know the ones?

I could do without the meat. I am not a vegan or vegetarian, I am just not all that crazy about beef, chicken, lamb or pork. My food rules are; there are no rules. I'll eat what I feel like eating. Sometimes I'll eat a few slices of bacon or a steak and sometimes I won't. Well, I probably have never turned down bacon but, you get the point.

I grew up and California, land of abundant vegetables, and I had never, ever heard one person say they don't eat vegetables. Now, I am sure there are people in California who don't eat vegetables but no one would dare say it out loud, in public. I live in another state now and I hear it all the time. I am checking out at the grocery store and the clerk will ask, "What's that?" I proceed to define my vegetable purchases to which they will reply, "Oh, I don't eat vegetables." I would think that they were joking but I have witnessed people ordering taco salads with just meat, beans and cheese.

There is such a wide variety of vegetables to choose from. I believe people would enjoy them and eat them more if we didn't have such a strong association between vegetables and salad. I know if I had to eat salad every day I would just be ill-tempered. I am sharing a few yummy vegetable meals and sides just in case you want to break the salad habit.


Quinoa Kale Bowl with Mushrooms and Asparagus (vegan, gluten-free) 09
Recipe - 86 Lemons
This dish has two of my favorites, mushrooms and asparagus.

One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles - these are SO good and so easy to cook up. Vegetarian recipe but options for added protein too!
Recipe - Domestic Superhero

Noodles and vegetables make great companions.
Sweet Corn Sorghum Stuffed Peppers | @naturallyella
Sweet Corn Sourgum Stuffed Peppers - Naturally Ella
Now this girl knows her way around a vegetable...one of my favorite blogs.

Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls - It's so much cheaper to make right at home and it tastes a million times better too!
Recipe - Damn Delicious

It's basically a guacamole filled egg roll, the epitome of deliciousness. No peas in the guacamole please.
Easy Tuscan Bean Soup (30 Minute Mondays!)
Tuscan Bean Soap - The Wunderlust Kitchen

Soups like this one are always filling and scrumptious. Something magical happens when you take simple ingredients and just let then simmer.

Comments

Popular Posts